Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fight! Fight!

Before I returned home for the holidays, Mama Lai was complaining to me about how life gets really boring when you get old.  She was really excited that her three ducklings would be home to spice things up.

Due to space restrictions and a scarcity of beds, it was assumed that my sister, Duckie, would get to sleep in her very comfortable and fairly new bed with a memory foam mattress which was being stored in one of Mama Lai's bedrooms.  My brother, the Little Prince, would be relegated to the couch in the living room.  The Little Prince arrived home earlier than Duckie and had a chance to sleep in her bed for a few days before she made claim to it and declared to Mama Lai that Duckie's bed "may be worth a fight."

Mama Lai got really excited, did a Mama Lai "fist pump" and squealed:
"Yes! Yes!  Definitely worth a fight!  I want to see you try to fight your sister for the bed. That's Round 1.  Round 2, my two daughters!  That would be really interesting.  Life always has more action when my three kids are home.  Fight! Fight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment