Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Atlanta Engineer

In the spring of my freshman year of college I received a postcard from a gentleman Mama Lai met online. The postcard read that he couldn't wait to meet me and that Mama Lai had a lot of great things to say about me.  I freaked out and called Mama Lai out on giving a strange man my address.  Mama Lai poo poo'd on the idea that it was at all dangerous:
"He is an engineer!  And he's Chinese and very polite.  He is working and going to school.  And he can play the guitar. He's been trying to talk to you on instant messenger and you keep ignoring him.  Just talk to him. I can't understand why you can't be more open minded."
I did end up having a meet-up with "The Atlanta Engineer" in a not-so-dissimilar fashion to my first date. But that is another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment