Friday, July 22, 2011

The Cherry Tree Story

Once upon a time I swallowed a cherry pit.  Worried, I went to Mama Lai and told her what happened in case she needed to take me to see a doctor.  Then my uncle, Mama Lai's brother took me onto his lap and said:
"Little [Niece], there's nothing we can do about it.  But don't worry it won't hurt you.  It will just sit in your stomach and then one day it will sprout.  And then become a cherry tree in your stomach.  And as you get bigger, the tree will get bigger and the branches will come out of your ears and your mouth until you will no longer be you but a really big cherry tree.  And then [Mama Lai] will have as many cherries as she wants."
And then I burst out crying and then Mama Lai laughed .  Mama Lai likes to re-tell it and say:
"Hahaha.  You were such a dumb kid.  You would believe anything your uncle would tell you."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment