Thursday, April 21, 2011

Phone Protocol

I called Mama Lai with some information she had been waiting for, but I caught her at a bad time and she told me she would call me back in an hour.  An hour turned into half a day then I finally called Mama Lai again.  Mama Lai took me to task for not calling her again until the end of today.  And when I pointed out that she was the one who owed me a phone call, Mama Lai said:
"And you didn't think that maybe when I didn't call you back in an hour that maybe something happened to me?  You waited hours!  I could've been lying on the road somewhere."
I pointed out that she seemed to be fine and Mama Lai confessed that the reason she doesn't call her three ducklings:
"Suppose you don't pick up your phone or were too busy to talk to me?  I don't like rejection."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment