Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Proud Mama Lai

Mama Lai journeyed to Vegas and attended a mega multi-class high school reunion.  There was a banquet and each woman was asked to come up and summarize her accomplishments.  Mama Lai went to the number one all-girl’s high school in Taiwan and as her former classmates went up on stage and talked about their research papers, awards and other career accomplishments, Mama Lai got up on stage and said
“I have 3 children.  And each of them call me every day without me asking.”
Mama Lai received a standing ovation.  When she related the story to me, she said:
“I wasn’t sure what I was going to say.  I did not know they were going to ask us to speak.  And when I was waiting my turn I tried to think of what I was most proud of in my life.  And it’s my 3 kids.”

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. You guys call her every day? Impressive. and go Mama Lai. The top all-girl's school in Taiwan must be extremely hard to get into!

    ReplyDelete