Monday, November 22, 2010

A Lesson on Boys

One summer when I was a teenager I returned home from a week long church camp.  I was high off of the word of God and some workshops where some conservative and spiritual woman talked about love and marriage.  I returned home, excited to share what I learned with Mama Lai and some personal goals:
"I'm not going to kiss anyone until the day I get married!"
Mama Lai started to laugh and then she was laughing so hard she had to sit down and motioned for me to get her a glass of water.  When she finally calmed down, she looked me in the eye:
"You know your boyfriend is going to want to do a whole lot more than kiss you, right?"
When Papa Lai came home that night, Mama Lai said:
"Do you want to know what YOUR daughter said to me?"
And Papa Lai and Mama Lai had a cozy laugh at their naive teenage daughter's expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment