Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Papa Lai: I Have a Dream...

My sister and brother returned home for a long weekend.  At  the end of the weekend, my sister treated the family to a dinner.  Mama Lai and sister noted that I had uncharacteristically not called either of them all weekend.  To my family’s surprise, Papa Lai had an opinion on this matter:
“So?  Maybe she was busy.”
They were bewildered because Papa Lai doesn’t talk on the phone with any of us.  And if he knew what was going on with any of us three ducklings it was because he eavesdrops on our conversations with Mama Lai or because Mama Lai tells him so.  This includes our dating life, school, work and birthdays.  Mama Lai suspiciously asked:

“How do you know?  Did she call??”
Papa Lai looked down and quietly said:
“Maybe…maybe she’s busy falling in love.”
And all three:  Mama Lai, little brother and sister were dumbfounded.  Speechless.
“I can dream. I just want grandchildren, ok?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment