Monday, January 3, 2011

Holidays are All about Sharing

Mama Lai knows that Duckie and I love papaya so she bought a big boxful for the holidays in anticipation of our trip home for the holidays.  While Mama Lai and I were watching television she went to go wash and cut a papaya during the commercial break. I was being a spoiled brat and flattering Mama Lai that I was so lucky to have her and all the papaya I want and a wonderful Mama Lai who would cut and serve it to me.

But Mama Lai got her revenge -- she sat down next to me and ate the papaya exaggeratedly without sharing a single bite.  I pouted and Mama Lai fairly said:
"Why not?  I drove to the store in my car, bought the papaya with my money, cut the papaya in my kitchen, in my house  -- of course I don't share.  It's my papaya.  You want to eat?  There's the kitchen and the knife.  Go cut your own my lazy girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment