Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mama Lai's Mailbag - On Spousal Assets and Liabilities

Mama Lai gets her first mail!  Mama Lai likes to call me and comment on what she's reading while she's reading it.  I broke up the e-mail and inserted Mama Lai's comments (in red).  Note:  E-mails taken out and names changed to protect the privacy of those submitting!
Dear Sons,

Last night, we went to a seminar Your Stock Success Workshop presented by Rich Dad Education

try to sell 3 days training courses for trading stock options no matter stock go up, down or side way you can make money. trace the big mutual funds selling or buying certain stocks (take them months to sell or buy chuck by chuck) $199 for 3 days training for 2 people (many people signed up but not us) I will discuss with Winston for financial institutes' trade.

the speaker as usual is very good talker, He mentioned we could not get financial concepts from school. and I agree it is very important.  If you don't take care of money, money won't care about you neither.

He put up the slide shows what are assets or liabilities cars are liabilities
rental properties (positive cash flow) are Assets then SPOUSE flash on the screen He asked Spouse is Asset or Liability? The audience are quiet no body dare to answer. Speaker said "what's wrong with you?  I always feel my wife is one of my biggest assets.  If your spouses are liabilities, what should you do? get rid of it, DIVORCE!
"hahahaha.  that is so funny.  I think half the room would say spouse is liability.  at this moment your daddy is asset.  but spouse is like stocks and has its own phases.  sometimes asset and sometimes liability.  sometimes part asset, part liability.  sometimes start off liability and must be patient for it to be asset"
The audience smile with little bitter.
I always hope my sons are big assets for their spouses and can appreciate their spouses are their biggest assets too.

Enjoy life.
Take care of financial matters.
Love
mom
 "I wonder what class she takes.  I want to take class.  I will read again and decide if this is interesting class."


 

1 comment: